Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
It’s Fall, which means there is pumpkin everything right now. So I’m jumping on the pumpkin bandwagon and bringing you my Pumpkin Protein Smoothie. It is the perfect fall smoothie for breakfast, a healthy snack, or as a light lunch or dinner option. I like to say that this smoothie is a super foods smoothie because of all the benefits pumpkin and cinnamon have. Here are a few fun facts for you about pumpkin and cinnamon:
Pumpkin and Cinnamon Fun Facts
- Pumpkin is high in Vitamin A, which helps to keep our eyes healthy and our eyesight sharp.
- Pumpkin is a rich source of fiber, which means it will keep you feeling full longer and will help you lose weight.
- The nutrients in pumpkin help protect your skin and prevent wrinkles (yes please!).
- Pumpkins have more potassium than bananas, making them a better post-workout option after hard workouts.
- Canned 100% pumpkin can be used as a substitute for butter and oil in baking recipes.
- Cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, which means it is perfect for muscle recovery after a hard workout.
- Cinnamon is high in antioxidants, so if you are getting sick, cinnamon will help to fight off the infections and viruses making you sick.
- Cinnamon can help lower LDL, or bad cholesterol.
- It can also help to reduce high blood pressure.
- Cinnamon has a positive effect of lowering blood sugar and helping those with Type 2 Diabetes.
Add this Pumpkin Protein Smoothie to your morning routine this Fall to stay full and satisfied, and to reap all these benefits as well. What do you think of this smoothie? I’d love to hear what you think! Also, if you are looking for another healthy breakfast option, check out my healthy Banana Pancakes.
- 1 C. milk (cow, almond, coconut, rice, soy)
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 -1/2 C. Canned 100% Pumpkin (based on personal preference)
- 1 C. Crushed Ice
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want to save some of your smoothie, store it in your blender and place blender in the fridge. When you are ready to enjoy the rest of your smoothie, add some crushed ice and blend until smooth.